WHAT is a deposit?
A deposit is a solution recognized in court that allows software developers, digital innovators and database owners to prove the ownership of their creation and secure their intellectual property rights.
Digital assets, such as software source code, database architecture, apps, and websites can only be protected by copyright. A dispute over copyright often involves one party claiming that they created a work before the other, meaning that the author of the creation must prove in court that they had the idea first. A deposit allows the author/creator to prove the timing of their creation and thus their rights of ownership.
WHY make a deposit ?
As a company or individual who creates original works or owns confidential information (e.g. trade secrets) a deposit allows you to:
- Assert your ownership rights against those who may have copied, infringed or stolen your creation
- Archive your source code and related critical business data on a safe and accessible server
- Map your digital asset history and evolution
- Add value to your company by showing the strategic steps taken to protect your IP
- Obtain better insurance, loan and valuation terms by having an original copy of your creation stored in a secure place
PROOF OF OWNERSHIP
Proving a copyright means demonstrating that a creation came into existence at a certain point in time. A deposit with a trusted third party, like Vaultinum, provides unforgeable proof of the origin of your creation.
YOUR DATA IS SAFE WITH US
Your data is encrypted and stored on our servers,
using the AES 256 encryption algorithm.
Update your deposits straight from your Git repository, automatically and periodically.